Obiageli 'Oby' Ezekwesili - Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN)
Date of Birth: 28 April 1963
- Trained at Deloitte and Touche as a Chartered Accountant
- Master’s degree in International Law and Diplomacy, University of Lagos
- Master’s degree in Public Administration from Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Headed Due Process Unit under President Olusegun Obasanjo
- Minister of Solid Minerals, 2005 - 2006
- Minister of Education, 2006 - 2007
- World Bank Vice President for Africa Region, 2007- 2012
She promises to lift 80 million Nigerians out of poverty by focusing on human capital development.
She wants to make education the new oil. Her plan is to launch reforms in phases. First is early childcare education; then basic education and secondary education.
The presidential candidate believes the economy can be built only by promoting a healthy population.
She believes citizen engagement and pressure groups will bring about the needed change and attitude towards corruption.
She has local and international exposure in policy making. She is strong on the economy and has shown to have courage in embarking on reforms.
She is running on a platform that is relatively unknown. History does not favour her, as a woman running for the highest office in the land.