Markets In Abuja To Now Open Daily

However, failure by the Coalition of FCT Market Chairmen and Secretaries to fully implement these guidelines, the FCTA said it would be compelled to withdraw the extension.

The minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mr. Mohammed Bello / Photo credit: guardian.ng
The minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mr. Mohammed Bello / Photo credit: guardian.ng

Markets in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) will begin daily operation for the first time since the lockdown imposed on the city four months ago.

The markets had been operating three times a week before the approval by Muhammad Musa Bello, the FCT minister.

This was contained in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the minister, Anthony Ogunleye, on Wednesday

The minister gave the approval when he chaired a virtual meeting between members of the FCT COVID-19 Response Team, senior members of the Administration and members of the Coalition of FCT Market Chairmen and Secretaries led by its Chairman Mr. Raphael Okorie.

READ ALSO: COVID 19: Markets In FCT To Open Only Three Times A Week

“Agreement reached at the meeting include measures to de-congest the markets in the FCT and further check the spread of COVID-19, while market operations have been extended from three days a week to all 7 days in the week from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm effective from Thursday, 30th July 2020

The Abuja Market Management Limited and various market associations will continue to carry out sensitisation activities to enlighten market users on COVID-19 and the necessity of obeying all extant health and safety protocols.

Access to the markets and operations within the markets will only be permitted with the wearing of facial coverings and adherence to all extant health and safety guidelines inclusive of hand washing and maintenance of physical distancing”, the statement added.

However, failure by the Coalition of FCT Market Chairmen and Secretaries to fully implement these guidelines, the FCTA said it would be compelled to withdraw the extension.

Written by The Interview Editors

The Interview is a niche publication, targeting leaders and aspiring leaders in business, politics, entertainment, sports, arts, the professions and others within society’s upper middle class and high-end segment in Nigeria.

Governor Sanwo-Olu: Nobody expected, when we were starting 2020, that barely four months into the year, we would be going into a global shutdown on this scale / Photo credit: thisdaylive.com

‘Mummy Calm Down’ Video: Sanwo-Olu Urges Lagosians To Celebrate Sallah With Moderation

Minister of Finance and Budget planning, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed, says government is worried over the fate of oil revenue / Photo credit: premiumtimesng.com

Electricity: FEC Approves N8.64bn For Phase One Of Siemens Deal