The Nigerian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, says the issues surrounding the demolition of building on the premises of Nigerian High commission in Accra-Ghana have been resolved.
Briefing Nigerians on the matter, Onyeama, in a statement via his twitter handle on Friday, said those behind the demolition had been arraigned and charged to court, and that the Ghanaian government would make restitution for the damage done.
He said, “Briefed Members of the Press on the illegal invasion and demolition of a residential building in our diplomatic premises in Accra, #Ghana.
The President of Ghana, H.E. @NakufoAddo has apologised, the perpetrators have been arrested and arraigned in court and the Ghanaian government has agreed to be responsible for restitution.
“So, this is to say that the matter has been satisfactorily resolved and at very highest level. H.E President @MBuhari personally engaged in this process.”
Onyeama said Nigeria/Ghana relationship would be further strengthened by the lesson learnt from what has happened.
“So, we would like to put the matter to rest and to acknowledge the very speedy reaction of the Ghanaian Government.
“We will continue to further strengthen bilateral relations between our two countries, take lessons learnt from what has happened and move forward without recrimination”, he said.