The Ghanaian president, Nana Akufo-Addo, on Tuesday called President Muhammadu Buhari to apologise for the demolition of some buildings on the premises of Nigerian High Commission in Accra, Ghana.
Some armed men had invaded the Nigerian High Commission in Accra demolishing some buildings in the premises last week Friday, prompting the Nigerian minister of foreign affairs Geoffrey Onyeama, to summon Ghana High Commissioner on Monday.
In a statement on Tuesday evening, Senior Special Assistant to President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said the Ghanaian president had called president Buhari to apologise over the attack.
Shehu said that President Nana Akufo-Addo expressed his sincere apology for demolition of a building on the premises of Nigerian High Commission in Accra, Ghana.
“In a telephone call, the Ghanaian leader told President Buhari that he has directed full investigation into the incident.
Shehu also said that some suspects linked to the invasion of Nigerian High Commission in Ghana had been arrested and would be arraigned in court.
Before now, the Ghanaian government had vowed to investigate and bring to book those behind the invasion and demolition of the some apartment buildings at the Nigerian High Commission in Accra, adding that the attack was a clear “breach of Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations VCDR 1961).”