The Nigerian minister of foreign affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, has said that 292 Nigerians have been evacuated from Saudi Arabia.
Onyeama, who made this known via his twitter handle, on Wednesday, said the 292 persons arrived Nigeria from Saudi Arabia yesterday.
He said, “We received 292 evacuees stranded in Saudi Arabia yesterday. The Saudi Government transported them to Abuja.”
Onyeama said the returnees have been checked into hotels in Abuja for mandatory 14 days quarantine.
“A large number are nursing mothers and children and they are all comfortably settled in hotels under the mandatory 14 days quarantine. #COVID19 #PTFCOVID19 @NigeriaGov”, he said.
The Nigerian government has been making efforts over the past few week to bring back Nigerians who are stranded in the Diaspora.
The interview had earlier reported how the Nigerian government started evacuation of Nigerians in the UK and UAE two weeks ago.