Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim – People’s Trust (PT)
Date of Birth: 28 June 1965
- Degree in Mass Communication from University of Lagos,1989
- Administrative Secretary, The Committee for Defence of Human Rights
- Secretary, National Consultative Forum
- Deputy National Publicity Secretary, People’s Democratic Party
- Committee member, Office of Political Adviser to the President
Ending the violence in the middle belt is a major area he wants to address when it comes to security.
He plans to integrate agriculture, solid minerals with industries and to increase the manufacturing share of the GDP to 40%. Unemployment, he believes, can be tackled through industry-based jobs.
Olawepo believes the centralization of power is responsible for the rate of corruption. He plans to develop policies targeting the root causes of corruption.
He has been a human rights activist and has experience in policy formulation to meet political challenges.
He appears not to have the backing of any major political player in any of the regions. He is also not well known across the country.