President Muhammadu Buhari has nominated his Special Assistant on New media, Laureta Onochie as Chairman of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
Buhari in a letter addressed to President of Senate Ahmad Lawan and read at plenary on wednesday urged the upper chamber to confirm the appointment of Laurreta Onochie alongside 14 other nominees as Substantive Chairman and members of board of the NDDC.
Buhari in the letter said:
“Dear Distinguished Senate President, confirmation of appointments of Chairman and members of the Niger Delta Development Commission.
“In accordance with the provisions of Section 2(2)A of the NDDC Act, Cap N86, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.
” I hereby present the underlisted 15 names of nominees as Chairman and members of the NDDC for confirmation by the Senate.
Copies of their Curriculum Vitae are attached herewith:
1. Lauretta Ifeanyi Onochie (Chairman, Delta State, South-South)
2. Dimgba Erugba (State Representative, Abia, South-East).
(3) Dr. M.M Willcox Wills (State Representative, Akwa Ibom, South -South)
(4) Elder Senator Dimaroe Daniya Bofa (State Representative, Bayelsa State, South -South)
(5) Hon. Orok Duke (State Representative, Cross River, South-South)
(6) Dr. Pius Odudu , (State Representative, Edo State, South -South)
(7) Engineer Anthony Ekenne, (State Representative, Imo State, South-East)
(8) Hon. Gbenga Edema ( State Representative, Ondo State, South – West)
(9) Elekwachi Dimkpa (State Representative, Rivers State, South-South)
(10) Alhaji Mohammed Kabir Abubakar, ( Zonal Representative, Nasarawa State, North-Central)
(11) Alhaji Sule Ikoh Sadiq Sami (Zonal Representative, Kebbi State, North-West)
(12) Prof. Tahir Momoh SAN, (Zonal Representative, Adamawa State, North-East)
(13) Chief Samuel Ogbokwu, ( Managing Director for a term of two years to complete the term of his predecessor in office. Bayelsa State, South-South)
(14) Maj.-Gen. Charles, Emiahamre (Executive Director, Finance, Edo State, South-South)
(15) Charles Ogunmola, Executive Director, Projects , Ondo State, South-West)”.