The Kaduna State governor, Nasir el-rufai, on Wednesday said his family went through trauma as he battled COVID-19 in the past two weeks.
The governor who declared that he had been given an all clear after testing negative for the virus two consecutive times, spoke through the Kaduna State official twitter handle.
“I am delighted to report today, that after nearly four weeks of observing a strict medical regime, I have now received the all-clear after two consecutive negative test results.
“My family not only went through the trauma of potentially losing a member, but also the risk of being infected as well,” he stated.
He went further to appreciate Nigerians for their prayers and support.
“I also acknowledge with gratitude the massive outpouring of sympathy, prayers and public support that followed the disclosure of the infection.
The governor who tested positive for coronavirus about two weeks ago also thanked his deputy and other colleagues for their support.
“I wish to acknowledge our Deputy Governor, Dr. Hadiza Balarabe, for her reassuring leadership of our team in my absence. Our senior officials have demonstrated admirable commitment & the flexibility to provide governance in circumstances that are so different from the old normal,” el-Rufai said.