Professor Kingsley Moghalu - Young Progressive Party (YPP)
Date of Birth: 1963
- LL.B, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, 1986
- M.A, The Fletchers School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, 1992
- Ph.D in International Relations, London School of Economics
- Worked at the United Nations in different capacities between 1992 and 2008
- Deputy governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, 2009 - 2014
He plans to create border security forces, demarcate the borders and increase security surveillance. He plans to reform the police and recruit more personnel.
His plan is to focus on economic diversification, create millions of jobs within four to five years. He also wants to strengthen the revenue base with enhanced tax collection and bring informal operators to the formal economy. He also believes in protectionist policies to help local industry.
Moghalu promises to increase access to education and focus on building skills.
His plan for healthcare is more than anything else: increasing the quality to world standards and international best practices.
His strategy for fighting corruption is to open up public accounts and increase transparency.
He has experience in international justice and law enforcement. Locally, he has gained experience in finance and economic governance.
He is new to politics and is coming from outside of the established political parties.